Premium Lightboard Kit
A Lightboard (a.k.a. a "Transparent Whiteboard" or "Learning Glass") is essential for making engaging online videos. The idea is remarkably simple: you face the camera through a large sheet of glass which you write on, and the recorded video is flipped left-to-right in post production. Acquiring the required setup to make such videos is something of a logistical headache. Let us do the work for you!
The size of the creative surface you have to work on in our solution, the premium components selected (see list below), and the stability of our custom frame are key features which distinguish our Lightboard setup from those available from our closest competitor.
Our complete kit includes:
- A massive 8’ wide x 4’ high x 3/8” thick low-lead glass (locally sourced) + six 1” long x 1” diameter standoffs to mount.
- A sturdy diagonally-braced black 80/20 frame kit for holding glass (and pens). (Significant assembly required.)
- A bright LED light strip, transformer, dimmer, and 3/8’* U-channel cover, for illuminating the glass from all 4 edges.
- Three bright LED light panels (2 side + 1 back) with dimmers, plus supports, for illuminating the presenter.
- A reversible Aqua / Dark Blue muslin backdrop + support system + clamps.
- A premium RodeLink FM wireless lapel microphone system (transmitter/receiver pair).
- A Canon XC10 4K Professional camcorder (with 4K live view over HDMI) + Ravelli Pro tripod + circular polarizing filter.
- An Atomos Shogun 4K HDMI Recorder/Monitor + SanDisk Extreme PRO 960GB 6GB/s 2.5inch SSD.
- Eight recommended neon pens + recommended glass cleaning supplies to get started.
- All necessary miscellaneous hardware + hdmi cables + power supplies + power strips.
The user needs to supply:
A) a dark (no windows), quiet (check it’s A/C!) room, at least 12’ wide x 25’ long, and
B) a fast computer (with a large raid array) + software for video editing.
US deliveries only at this time. Do-it-yourself kit, or complete professional installation for $3K extra (contact us for details).