eduMIP is a comprehensive and robust platform for learning:
- Dynamic modeling and feedback control (classical, state-space, adaptive, …) of unstable systems.
- Robot motion planning and collision avoidance.
- DC motor control via (built-in) H-bridges and encoder counters.
- Attitude estimation via (built-in) IMU and barometer.
- Communication via (built-in) WiFi (802.11b/g/n) and Bluetooth (4.1/BLE).
- Charging, balancing, protection, and monitoring of 2-cell LiPo (included).
- Multithreaded event-driven C programming in Debian Linux.
- Multithreaded Graphical System Design for embedded applications.
eduMIP is compatible with Python, ROS, MATLAB® & Simulink®, and LabVIEW®.
[Matlab® and Simulink® are trademarks of The Mathworks, Inc. LabVIEW® is a trademark of National Instruments, Inc.]
eduMIP's robust, consumer-grade chassis was developed in collaboration WowWee®.
eduMIP is easy to extend via custom CAD/3D printing and custom PCB design/fab, and can interface easily, via JST connectors and an extensive software library, to millions of industry-standard sensors and actuators communicating over: USB, I2C, SPI, CAN, UART (GPS, DSM2), PWM (servos, ESCs), GPIO, ADC.
The connectivity of the BeagleBone upon which our solution is based, and the robustness of the wheelbase, are key features which distinguish our educational MIP kit from those available from our closest competitor. Source code for all software in the associated codebase, down to the low-level libraries, are available under the 3-Clause BSD License.